Avvo hosts two-day advanced online marketing training for lawyers
Seattle, Wash — Where:
Bell Harbor International Conference Center
Pier 66, 2211 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98121
January 21-22, 2010
Avvo, Inc. (www.avvo.com), the world’s largest legal directory, will host the Avvocating Conference, a two-day advanced online marketing training for lawyers seminar focused on social media trends, online marketing strategies and online reputation management issues impacting the legal industry.
“Instead of lawyers talking to each other about online marketing and social media, we decided to bring together the biggest names driving online marketing. It’s an impressive group that has never before assembled for only lawyers, and we are humbled to have them all here,” said Mark Britton, Avvo Founder and CEO. “Lawyers can expect to hear forward-thinking yet practical advice they can apply to their own marketing initiatives. Our goal is to shed light on new topics, discuss legal marketing challenges, share ideas and ultimately provide an experience that will last beyond the two day conference.”
- Mark Britton, Founder and CEO, Avvo
- Robert J. Ambrogi, Esq, Keynote Speaker
- Maz Sharafi, Head of Local Advertising Sales and Partnerships, Facebook
- Doug Mandell, Managing Partner of the Mandell Law Group, first General Counsel for LinkedIn
- Kathy Gill, Senior Lecturer, University of Washington’s Department of Communication, Digital Media Program
- Tim Stanley, an 18-year lawyer, founder of FindLaw and CEO of Justia.com
- Josh King, President of Business Development & General Counsel, Avvo
- Trevor Claiborne, Product Marketing Manager, Google Analytics and Website Optimizer
- Nate Bucholz, Senior Account Manager, Google Adwords
- Vanessa Fox, Creator of Google Webmaster Tools, Entrepreneur, Consultant and Contributing Editor
- Stefan Weitz, Director of Bing, Microsoft.
Avvo is the only free website that empowers consumers to handle their legal matters with confidence. Avvo offers ratings and profiles for every lawyer, as well as client reviews, peer reviews and attorney disciplinary records. Avvo also offers Avvo Answers, the world’s largest question and answer forum where people can ask real attorneys – anonymously if desired – any legal question and receive personalized answers. Additionally, Avvo Legal Guides are a resource of lawyer-generated best practices for consumers seeking guidance on their legal issues. The website currently covers 90% of the lawyers in the United States, including profiles and ratings for every licensed attorney in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin; and partial coverage in limited release states including Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Nevada, South Carolina, Utah and Vermont and Wyoming. Founded in early 2006, Avvo is privately held, with funding from private investors, Benchmark Capital and Ignition Partners. For more information, visit www.avvo.com.