Awards recognize the value Avvo provides to customers seeking expert legal and health advice
Seattle, Wash — Over the past three months, Avvo, Inc., the web’s largest expert-only health and legal Q&A forum and directory (www.avvo.com), has been the recipient of a number of local and national awards and nominations, recognizing the company’s industry disruption, dedication to customer service, and workplace culture. These awards include the:
- 16th Annual Webby Awards Best Health Website Nomine
- Winter/Spring 2012 14th Annual Web Health Awards Silver Award Winner
- Seattle Business Magazine 100 Best Companies 2012
- The International Academy of Visual Arts 18th Annual Communicator Award
- Puget Sound Business Journal Washington’s Best Workplaces program finalis
- Puget Sound Business Journal Corporate Counsel Finalist
“Avvo was built on the belief that risks reap rewards,” said Leigh McMillan, vice president of marketing, Avvo, Inc. “Since the site launched in 2007, Avvo has disrupted the status quo in the health and legal professions by providing consumers with free and direct online access to doctors, dentists and lawyers nationwide. These awards and nominations are a strong validation of our mission, which is to provide the best possible service to our customers and workplace for our employees.”
About Avvo, Inc.
Avvo provides trusted answers to consumer health and legal questions every 10 seconds. In Avvo’s free Q&A forum consumers can get free legal advice or free medical advice from more than 125,000 participating lawyers, doctors and dentists. Avvo’s professional directory provides comprehensive profiles, patient and client reviews, peer endorsements and the industry-recognized Avvo Rating for more than 90 percent of doctors, dentists and lawyers in the U.S. Avvo is privately held with funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures and Ignition Partners.