Resources address new short sale guidelines and complex regulations related to foreclosure
Seattle, Wash — To help address consumer demand for trust-worthy information about real estate foreclosures and short sales, Avvo, Inc., the web’s largest expert-only legal and health Q&A forum and directory, today announced a new set of online resources aimed at addressing the most common questions consumers have regarding real estate foreclosures and new short sale guidelines scheduled to go into effect on November 1, 2012. The legal guides, authored by real estate attorneys include:
- New Short Sale Process for Real Estate Agents
- New Short Sale Rules for Homeowners
- What Is The Difference Between A Non Judicial Foreclosure And A Judicial Foreclosure
- Foreclosure Rescue Scams – What They Are and How to Avoid Them
- Finding a New Home After Foreclosure
“With countless consumers in default on their mortgage loan or uncertain about the ramifications of the new short sale guidelines, it can be an extremely confusing time for consumers and professionals alike,” said Antoinette Davis, foreclosure attorney with Antoinette M. Davis Law, PLLC. “These new resources on Avvo.com put complex real estate regulations in context and help consumers better understand their legal rights.”
Avvo identified the following trends related to real estate foreclosures:
- Questions on Avvo.com related to real estate foreclosure have doubled in 2012 over the same period in 2011, even as the rate of foreclosure filings has declined. According to the Zillow.com August 2012 Real Estate Market Reports, the rate of homes foreclosed continued to decline in August with 5.99 out of every 10,000 homes in the country being liquidated.
- Consumers from Florida lead the country with the greatest number of real estate foreclosure-related questions on Avvo.com, asking twice as many questions about foreclosure in first half of 2012 over the same time period as 2011.
- Taking into account population density, California, Illinois, Washington and Georgia round out the top five states with consumers asking the most questions related to foreclosure and other real estate related issues.
The Avvo Legal Advisory (ALA) features data from Avvo’s user base and community of licensed professionals, as well as analysis of questions asked in Avvo’s Q&A forum. More information on foreclosure can found here: http://www.avvo.com/topics/216-foreclosure.
About Avvo, Inc.
Avvo provides trusted answers to consumer legal and health questions every 10 seconds. In Avvo’s free Q&A forum with more than 125,000 participating lawyers, doctors and dentists, consumers can ask a lawyer or a medical professional questions for free. Avvo’s professional directory provides comprehensive profiles, client and patient reviews, peer endorsements and the industry-recognized Avvo Rating for more than 90 percent of lawyers, doctors and dentists in the U.S. Avvo launched in 2007 and is privately held with funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures and Ignition Partners. Avvo can also be found at www.facebook.com/avvo and www.linkedin.com/company/avvo/.